Friday, July 1, 2011

White Dress Party

We were invited to our first Spanish Party, a going away party for the family we are replacing. 
It was a white dress party, where everyone comes in white, and was so much fun.  Spaniards go on a different time table than any where I’ve ever lived.  The dinner part of the evening was supposed to start at 8:30, so in my mind I was thinking we would stay for a couple hours after that, not to be rude, and then home in bed by 11 at the latest.
When I told my friend later about my plan she laughed at me.  They did start burning the wood for the barbeque around 8:30 and let that burn for a couple hours to get the coals nice and hot, then finally put the meat on around 10:30 or so.  There were appetizers, food and drinks the whole time, but the meat didn’t come until later.  The meat was delicious and the people we met were wonderful.

The kids had a blast playing at the beach and then later after they had put on their “white” outfits they changed back into their swimming suits to jump in the pool around 11. 
Thanks to my friend Heather for inviting us to the party and giving us the best introduction to Spain a girl could ask for. 

No comments: